The Legal Diva

Tales from the glamorous life I lead as a family law attorney.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Jersey, United States

Gorgeous, intelligent, personable attorney.

Thursday, October 14, 2004

The Cat's New Bed

My cat has a new bed. The top box in one stack of dead files. When I decided 10 years ago to work from home this was not an issue I anticipated. I decided to dead file because a friend has promised to replace the floor in my office sometime this century. Weaning out the files will make moving my filing cabinet a bit easier should the re-flooring ever occur. The dead files resulted in 10 large boxes which are now happily residing in my dining room with the cat on top. I could go with the college solution, making smaller piles, covering them with charming table cloths and placing them strategically around the house as coffee tables. I could be environmentally conscious, putting them in one of the sheds out back, giving the mice cozy homes and yummy food. I could be fiscally responsible, renting a storage unit and then charging my clients every time I have to go and yank a file. I could do the smart thing, buy a mouse proof storage shed, put it out back and be known in the neighborhood as the crazy shed lady. The only thing I am certain of at this point is that 10 minutes after I move all the files, a client dead filed in the hardest box to get to will call needing my services.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home